The advantages of using nuclear energy as a source of energy to generate electricity are.
- The nuclear fuel such as uranium and plutonium has high energy capacity. A small amount of uranium can produce a huge amount of energy.
- Nuclear energy does not pollute the air.
The disadvantages of using nuclear energy as a source of energy are.
- Hazardous radioactive waste is produced during a nuclear reaction.
- The radioactive waste will cause pollution in a very large area if leakage happens in the nuclear power plan.
- The cost to maintain a nuclear plant is very high.
- Building a nuclear plant involving very high technology. Only a few countries own such technology.