Flows of Free Electrons and Holes
- We have learned that, there are 2 types of charge carrier in a semiconductor, the free electrons and the holes.
- The free electrons carry negative charge whereas the holes carry positive charge.
- If a potential difference is applied to a semiconductor, the electrons and holes will start to flow.
- The electrons will flow to the negative terminal whereas the holes will flow to the positive terminal.
- Video below explain how the free electrons and holes flow in an electric field.