- Bulb with high brightness is used.
- The bulb must be placed at the centre of curvature of the concave mirror.
- The function of the concave mirror is to reflect and focus light that shines on it to the direction of the condenser.
- This is to increase the brightness of the image.
- The condenser consists of two Plano-convex lenses.
- The function of the condenser is to focus all the light that brightens the whole slide.
- It also acts as a heat insulator to stop heat from the bulb so it does not spoil the slide.
- The slide acts as the object.
- It is located at a distance between f and 2f from the projector lens so that the image produced is real and magnified.
- It is purposely placed upside down so that the image forms on the screen looks upright.
- The projector lens projects the image on the screen that is placed a few meters away.
- It can be adjusted to focus a sharp image.
||The image produced is
- real (it form on a screen)
- inverted (Since the slide is placed upside down, hence the image looks upright)