Applications of Sound Wave
Q & A
Explain how sonar is used to measure the depth of a sea. for visualizing subcutaneous body structures including tendons, muscles, joints, vessels and internal organs for possible pathology or lesions.
- In the sonar system, the broadcasting equipment emits ultrasonic pulses.
- The pulses are reflected back from the base of the sea or object in the sea and create an echo.
- The echo is traced by a hydrophone.
- The time interval t between transmitting the pulses and receiving them again is recorded by electronic equipment.
- If the ultrasonic velocity is v, then depth of the sea d is given by d = ½ vt
Disintegration of Kidney Stone
- Ultrasound is used for the scanning of foetus in thge womb.
- Ultrasound is used in ultrasonography for visualizing body structures including tendons, muscles, joints, vessels and internal organs.