|(This file is shared by Philip Ronan under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.)
- The full range of electromagnetic waves, arrange orderly in their wavelengths and frequencies is called the electromagnetic spectrum.
- The figure above shows the electromagnetic waves in the electromagnetic spectrum.
- In SPM, you need to know
- The order of the electromagnetic waves in the electromagnetic spectrum.
- The sources of the electromagnetic waves
- The applications of the electromagnetic waves
Sources of Electromagnetic Waves
|Electrical oscillating circuit (consists of a capacitor and a conductor connected in series)
|The oscillating electrical charge in a microwave transmitter
|Hot bodies, the sun and fires
|The sun, hot objects, fires, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes
|Very hot objects, the sun, mercury vapour lamps
|X-ray tubes where high energy electrons bombarding a metal plate.