Refraction of Waves at a Boundary
- Refraction is the change in direction of propagation when a wave moves from one medium to another medium.
- It is caused by the change of the speed of the wave when moving from one medium to another.
- For water waves, refraction occurs when the waves move from one region to another region of different depth.
- If water waves pass through a shallow region of convex shape, the waves will be converged.
- If water waves pass through a shallow region of concave shape, the waves will be diverged.