- A Bourdon gauge is used to measure to gas pressure in a container.
- There are 3 important components in a Bourdon gauge
- the copper tube
- the lever system
- the pointer
Working Mechanism of a Bourdon Gauge
- When the gauge is connected to a gas supply, the gas pressure will straighten the copper tube.
- The copper tube exerts a force on the lever system and hence move the pointer. The movement of the copper tube is magnified by the lever system
- The pointer rotates and give a reading (in unit of Pascal).