A paper will be lifted upwards when air is blown rapidly above it.
- Air move rapidly above the paper, causes the pressure above the paper to decrease.
- Pressure below the paper becomes relatively higher.
- Owing to the difference of the pressure, a net force is produced to push the paper upward.
When air is blown rapidly between the 2 ping pong balls, the 2 balls will move towards each other.
- Air move rapidly between the 2 balls, causes the pressure between the 2 balls to decrease.
- The pressure at the other side of the balls becomes relatively higher, push the 2 balls close to each other.
The ping pong ball will not fall when water is allowed to flow through the filter funnel.
- Water above the ping pong ball flow rapidly, causes the pressure above the ping pong ball to decrease.
- As a result, the pressure below the ping pong ball is relatively higher.
- Owing to the difference of the pressure, a net force is produced to push the ping pong ball upward.