Efficiency of Electrical Appliance
- The efficiency of an electrical appliance is given by the following equation
- Normally, the efficiency of an electrical appliance is less than 100% due to the energy lost as heat and the work done against friction in a machine.
A lamp is marked “240V, 50W”. If it produces a light output of 40W, what is the efficiency of the lamp?
Steps to Save Electricity
- Use efficient lighting
- Buy efficient electric appliances.
- Use appliances with automatic power off function.
- Choose electrical appliances of sizes and features which best suit your needs.
- Proper utilization of all electrical appliances
- Defrost refrigerators regularly
- Run your washing machine only when it is fully loaded & Iron your clothes only when you have at least a few pieces to iron.
- Regular cleaning of air filters in air-condition units and clothes dryers.